How Successful Is Stem Cell Therapy For Hip Arthritis? Why Stem Cell Safari Is The Best Arthritis Treatment Provider In Houston, TX?
Arthritis in dogs.
Bones at the joints are lined with cartilage, and joint fluid fills the little area between the joints. Cartilage is a typical joint that is smooth and fluid; it acts as a lubricant allowing the two bones to slide back and forth without friction.
With arthritis, the cartilage thins and begins to degrade. It causes an endless cycle of inflammation, joint swelling, thickening of tissue, more cartilage wear, and, eventually, stiffness, muscle atrophy, and discomfort.
What causes arthritis in dogs.
There are quite many factors that could cause arthritis in dogs. They are:
- Dog’s body structure/body build.
- Kind of a breed.
- Weight/body condition (obesity).
- Abnormal joint formation (e.g., hip dysplasia, elbow dysplasia).
- History of activity.
- Injury records (e.g., previous fracture, ligament damage, muscle injury, joint infection, cartilage damage/erosion).
- Record of previous orthopedic procedures.
- History of nutrition.
Dog arthritis symptoms.
- Trouble in getting up and down
- Lack of stimulus in one or more legs
- Reluctance to leap (onto/off furniture or into/out of a car).
- Joint stiffness, swelling, or pain
- Deficiency in stamina
Types of arthritis in dogs.
- Osteoarthritis (OA), commonly known as a degenerative joint disease (DJD), a condition that affects your dog’s hind legs (arthritis in dogs’ legs, arthritis in dogs’ back legs), occurs as a result of:
- Instability of the joints (Dysplasia of the hip, rupture of the CCL)
- Joint inconsistency (Dysplasia of the elbow).
- Rheumatoid arthritis: a condition in which the immune system unknowingly attacks the body’s joints.
Treatment for arthritis in dogs
- NSAIDs act as an anti-inflammatory and reduce pain: get a medical prescription from your vet before administering any dog arthritis medicine/ arthritis medication for dogs to your furry friend.
- Cold laser, heat, and potentially acupuncture treatments are administered.
- Maintainance of healthy weight/weight loss.
- As a natural anti-inflammatory, essential fatty acids (such as fish oil or flaxseed oil) are employed.
- Supplements such as Glucosamine and chondroitin help relieve pain.
Please note: While these conventional therapies may slow the pace of the disease progression and control symptoms to some extent, they do not fix structural damage to the pet’s joints.
Why is Stem Cell Therapy the Best Arthritis Treatment?
Most arthritis therapies merely reduce pain, maintain the dog’s situation, halt the disease’s progression, and disguise symptoms. However, stem cells can repair cartilage in the joints, just as they did when the dog was a puppy. In other words, stem cells can help your dog regenerate cartilage and stop the cartilage in between the joints from getting thin.
This treatment begins with a blood sample from your pet and can decrease cartilage breakdown and boost mobility while naturally combating joint inflammation and arthritis.
When stem cells are injected into damaged sections of cartilage, bone, muscle, and many other tissue types, they act as reinforcement, or you could say it is the Calvary that helps repair damaged cells.
Stem cell treatment is a more long-lasting solution to treating arthritis than any other form of treatment. The injected stem cells keep secreting and regenerating healthy cells for as long as six months to combat the reducing cartilage in your dog’s joints.
How Successful Is Stem Cell Therapy?
Thousands of dogs have been treated using the Stem Cell therapy administered by Stem Cell Safari here in Houston. Many do not require further treatment after six months of stem cell therapy. Our vets at Safari Veterinary Care Center we’re able to treat these dogs, alleviate their pain and help them return to everyday life.
Worried that your dog has arthritis in that he is exhibiting some of the symptoms listed above, contact us at Safari Veterinary Care Center.